March 30, 2010

FEELS LIKE THE NEW WAVE NEVER STRETCHED ITS POISONOUS TENTACLES AT ME

Coming up short isn’t always a bad thing but I have never been a fan of short sleeve shirts. I used to own a couple but only wore them twice and gave it gave it away after. I once read in a mens magazine, ‘If you’ve got muscles, don’t wait till you hit the beach to show them.’ Unfortunately, I have no bulging muscles to begin with.

I simply prefer long sleeves even in the summer which drive mom and dad nuts. I ‘d neatly roll them up thrice but again, it really depends on your style persona. I am generally low-key. I like putting most of my energy into interesting things like checking out dads closet and going thrift shopping -It is my portrait of restraint. I may not waste time sitting in one corner listening to songs in my IPod but I guarantee you I have a lifetime supply of plaid shirts in my closet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Here’s what I found at the thrift shop for $1.60. This handsome vintage plaid shirt from Towncraft, an embellished-free shirt reminiscent of the 1950s – totally surfer boy chic . Marry them with dark slim jeans or get friendly with this season’s shorts and pair it with moccasins or your trusty espadrilles for mooching.

Although I rarely leave the city, it is great to look as if I am preparing for a weekend jaunt in the countryside.

2 comments:

Make it Easy said...

i have white espadrilles like those too!
my most comfortable shoe :-)

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

I love espadrilles! I've got a couple and yes, they're darn comfortable