November 19, 2008

BASIC MATTER – SUEDE DESERT BOOTS

(Suede Desert boots - Opening Ceremony)

After last years Oxford Wingtips and loafers, it’s about time I keep all of them in my closet for something more comfortable (I won’t be spending Christmas in the big city – hello provincial life!). I’ve been dying to get myself a pair of soft suede desert boots and yes, I’m finally getting one next weekend. It is ssomewhere between a boot and a dress shoe, soft suede in an unexpected teal color dresses up the simple style, making it the perfect thing to pair with tailored jeans, trousers, shorts and they pretty much signal a boo 70’s vibe. It’s the best way to beat the heat a month before Christmas in Manila.

What to pack for next month’s trip:
· Espadrilles
· Suede desert boots
· Tailored shorts
· A couple of pique shirts
· 3 dress shirts
· 2 pairs of dark blue jeans
· Flip flops

4 comments:

Timmy said...

its good you're getting a pair

i had a pair of suede shoes once

they are surprisingly durable

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

yup, getting a black one. I know I have a brown one somewhere I borrowed from dad and never returned it haha..shoes he bought in Canada way back..

Unknown said...

those lilac ones are beautiful...

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

really nice actually. a local designer here in Manila did a couple of summer suede lace-ups last march for only $120.00 USD.

here's the website: www.tenoriomanila.com