July 18, 2010

QUARTER LIFE, MI GORENG AND BLOWING CANDLES ON THE 4TH

When I was in grade school I would get so excited about my birthday and I would have these great ideas of what I would do for my birthday like a grand party at home with balloons, a piñata and games or what mum and dad would do for me but when they did not happen I would be disappointed and not eat for days. I was not spoiled with my parents and I believe I do not set my expectations as high as I did 18 years ago - I just try to enjoy the day and do a few things that make me happy.

I have enjoyed receiving wishes from my friends, colleagues (YES, the simple things) but I am seriously not excited about my birthday. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy with how things are going with myself and my life.

I still have not thought of anything to get myself on my birthday.I don’t need a new phone nor a new pocket camera. I have more than enough bags and I am starting to run out of storage for all. Probably all I need is to update my wardrobe with more basics and a new pair of brown brogues.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(All photos from Jak & Jil)
I will be turning 28 in two weeks and I know anything can change at any moment. What is wrong?

Thank god for Mi Goreng spicy chicken noodles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday!
:-)

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

hey Elizar, thank you! Birthday is on the 4th of next month