September 23, 2010

BASIC MATTER 21: THE PERFECT BAG

I feel naked if I leave the house without a bag. I am always on the move and it is important that I have my bag with me to hold my gear – a bag huge enough to fit anything and everything like my laptop, camera, moleskine, magazines, books and even a spare shirt in case I accidentally stain myself with coffee again.
Photobucket
Fossil 'Wagner Duffle Brown' Men's Holdall Bag and J-Fold 'Cargo' Brown Mens Messenger Bag
Photobucket
'Voyager' Brown Leather Mens Holdall Bag and Diesel 'Stronger' Men's Weekend Bag (all bags from Equip)

Bags are always a fantastic addition to any man’s closet. Being in a creative environment, I am lucky to have more leeway with regards to the originality of my bag (no boring suitcases for me, thank you). I have tons and I’m starting to get really bored. I like my bags unfussy as possible. No obvious logos or funky monograms, just something that is refined enough to wear to work or out of town.

Growing up, mum would always tell me that I should have at least a canvas tote for weekend errands, a good looking carryall for work and a sturdy weekender for traveling.

No comments: