May 16, 2011

BRIGHT PINKS, CHARTREUSE AND THE FIFTIES

Having drowned myself last holy week on two Audrey Hepburn classics and a couple of Italian black and white movies from the list my friend Fonso sent me drew back with my appreciation for the stylish man of the 1950’s. George Peppard in Breakfast at Tiffany's and Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday definitely had it down perfectly, knew what they were doing and did it pretty well.

Photobucket
(George Peppard with Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's)

Stiff spread collared shirts, perfectly snug tailored suits and elegant paisley and rep ties just looked right without being overbearing. Trust me, a perfectly tailored suit really does much for a man just like my go to suits from Paul Smith and a bespoke navy from my trusted tailor.

Photobucket
(Gregory Peck with Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday)

Here’s a long list of Italian classics I have watched during my long break from work.

• I Vitelloni
• 8 e ½, Amarcord
• Roma città aperta
• Bellissima
• adri di biciclette
• rocco e i suoi fratelli
• Blow up
• L’eclisse
• l’Avventura
• Divorzio all’italiana
• Amici miei
• i soliti ignoti
• il sorpasso
• c’eravamo tanto amati
• la grande abbuffata
• il conformista
• ultimo tango a parigi
• I pugni in tasca
• l’ora di religione
• caro diario

No comments: