August 13, 2012

WHEN BLUE DOES NOT EQUATE TO SADNESS

It is common sense that us gentlemen do need to have a pair that are a little more conservative – that makes most of what I own except for the purple and green pair of Gommino’s from Tod’s and Zara.

Thirty years and 7 days later, I have come to realize I was never a believer of comfort. I have enjoyed the pain of blisters just as much as walking around the room, looking at myself in front of the mirror with a handsome pair of loafers.

Photobucket
(Finally baptized them at the weekend market yesterday. And oh, an inch and a quarter heel - not bad for added confidence. Not that I'm short because I am not!)

And yes, there is more to shoes than black and brown – I just got myself a pair of suede tassel loafers in blue. Think Nicolas Sarkozy minus Carla.

Though I still have not blessed them due to Manila’s damp weather, I just can’t wait to pair them with my red trousers.

Here is a smart guide to buying shoes:

1. Always buy in the afternoon. No matter how much you’re itching to spend your few thousands, wait until your feet swell to their largest as the day progresses and yes, it is better to buy a pair that are a little too big than a little too small.

2. Check the inside. If it does not have any lining like most local brands and the grains of the leather is exposed, expect it to smile and say hello in two months.

3. Walk around the shop when trying them on. Do not settle sitting down and checking the tips of your toes like a ballerina in training. You need to see how they function and oh, if it hurts – forget it!

Happy birthday to me!

No comments: