February 04, 2013

PREPPY ACCESSORY: MINI SCHNAUZER

I have always loved dogs! Growing up, my family always had a dog. I spent 15 years of my life with Coco, my English Springer Spaniel and another 15 years with my Black Lab, Iman, Poodle – Dachshund, Chyna and our white Spitz, Kato.
10 years out of university and living by myself, I’ve decided to get myself a new one to keep me company after a long and stressful day at work. I know there are 170 dog breeds, but finally zeroed-in on getting a mini schnauzer and named him, Nonno ("Non-no" accent on the first syllable. The "o"s are pronounced like the "o" in home. Nonno is Grandfather in Italian).
A schnauzer for mimosas and brunch companion (He had his first afternoon merienda at the Museum Cafe yesterday), a schnauzer for those lazy walks at the weekend market. Schnauzers don’t shed, so they are perfect for my Persian carpets and oh, they are perfect bates too! (hahaha)
Though not laid back as compared to our labs,  they are fun-loving and lively, which means they're just as happy at our home in the south as in my city pied-à-terre.
What does Nonno want for his first birthday? Definitely  the bridle leather lead and collar from Filson.  Clothes are just too pedestrian.

Here are other options:




No comments: