May 29, 2013

ART BASEL AND A GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE

Despite the bumpy flight and a tropical rainstorm welcoming the international art set, Kate Moss and myself (hahaha),  festivities successfully kicked off with pocket private dinners, private gallery viewings and exclusive soirees all over the city.  Even at the historic Pedder Building, six galleries held simultaneous previews on the eve of the fair. 
Everyone really felt the heat and I’m not just talking about the humidity but again, who cares! Hopping in between galleries with Champagne flutes in hand  - how I wish I had an extra tissue to wipe off my grossness – yes, I was oily. 

Nearby in the Robert Stern-designed building along Connaught Road, White Cube held an opening for Jake and Dinos Chapman whose morbid diorama “The Sum of All Evil” filled the entire first floor of the gallery.
Down the street at Shanghai Tang in my navy suit and tan brogues, Chinese artists Cai Yuan and Jian Jun Xi staged a Marina Abramovic-styled performance, obstructing a white doorway staring down guests as they squeezed past into the cocktail party in the store.
 
I should have stayed longer but I still had a flight to catch. I should have let loose and danced until sundown.

See you again in August?

2 comments:

Alphabeticalife said...

No wonder you were oily and sweating - you were wearing a suit in the heat. Ano ba.

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

I can't afford not looking good despite the heat! haha you know you love me