March 12, 2011

BLUE BLAZERS, SCRUFFY AND THE ALPHABET

The past 11 months, I have stared off into space, not even showing any focus on myself. It was distressing to feel so utterly ignored after getting off a relationship of 5 years. But, then, last January, just days before Chinese New Year, a light clicked on past midnight and the sweet little smiles began to appear.

Photobucket
(Lazy Sunday brunches at M Cafe and afternoon meriendas at CIBO with you - yes, I feel like I'm walking 'round a ten feet tall)

I couldn’t stop smiling every morning. Yes, It's the silliest things that make me smile. So many of the un-named fears I have had seem to lessen their frightful weight with the simple knowledge since crossing paths with one of the scruffier letters of the alphabet in mustard and blue.

I would like to think my mobile phone will never remain silent, although today officially starts my three week separation anxiety unless someone surprises me with a big hug. Thank you Alexei, Ingrid, Cokie, Lester and DC for keeping me sane.

Here’s my glass and pour me some equal parts Pinot Grigio, Campari and some lemon twist and you’ve got yourself a crisp Italian aperetif.

2 comments:

piafacundo said...

Salud! ahem :)

ME BUDDHA BANANA said...

Longer Sunday brunch please hun...people's palace?