September 29, 2011

SCORED CANVAS: FOUR DOLLAR HAPPY AND A BOWL OF GYUDON

Things have been busy in my neck of the woods, right in the direct wake of Typhoon Nesat.

Photobucket
(A man bicycles in rain storm due to Typhoon Nesat. Photo from www.csmononitor.com)

We lost power early but that didn’t stop me from getting work done despite the 140 kph wind trying to rip my neighbors roof next door. Laptop eventually died, leaving my sister and I bored until 10 PM. We ventured out. Debris were strewn everywhere. Sofitel and Roxas Boulevard had seen better days. The waves had been tall enough to crash over the sea wall, parts of the US Embassy and the lined palm trees. Our neighbors flower arch was gone.

On a brighter side, I got myself a canvas tote from Hedi Slimane Homme for a bargain at the thrift shop right across my client’s building.

Photobucket
(The Hedi Slimane Homme canvas tote I scored at the thrift shop for $4.00 reminds me of the Teddyfish by Jack Spade)

The storm was dramatic to be sure but scoring an item for $4.00 , I escaped relatively unscathed.

No comments: