November 04, 2011

BASIC MATTER 28: PACKING LIGHT AND A COUPLE OF HIGH FIVES

I know a lot of business travelers often have the luxury of dropping off a few shirts at the dry cleaners and having them ready within hours, but not me.

I still seem not to understand the value of packing light for short trips until recently and for someone who takes forever in front of the mirror before deciding what to wear for the day, it can be fairly difficult.

Photobucket
(Sartorial wet dreams at Ascot Chang,Hong-Kong!)


Yes, we all know it is easier said than done but hey, I finally did leave for the first time without checking-in my luggage.

Here’s what I packed with me:

Photobucket

1. Dress shirts from Brooks Brothers and Charles Tyrwhitt
2. Basic black leather-soled cap toes from Alden
3. Pair of red, black and purple socks from Uniqlo
4. Bespoke gray and black suit pants
5. Knit tie from Paul Smith, thrifted Japanese rep tie and vintage silk Armani tie in
paisley
6. And my go to preppy navy blazer

And oh, aside from the great view up at the meeting room, I still got the chance to go out and reward myself with more shirts from Brooks Brothers, Ascot Chang and Moustache!

Ok, still drooling over that pale blue shirt I saw last night at Kiton.

No comments: