April 20, 2012

LOVE, TRUNKS AND GETTING THAT EXTRA TAN

My closet is filled with almost all things preppy – yes, even my beach shorts. Mom would even wonder why most of them are in pink, purple, lime and of course, red. I mean, hey, don’t blame me if I look pretty good in them! Though I only go to Ralph Lauren, Speedo and Vilebrequin, I have discovered Love Brand & Co. to be not at all bad! Photobucket Set up only last year by Oliver Tomalin, a young English designer, this new socially responsible lifestyle brand promises to expand through a series of ready-to-wear products, each intrinsically dedicated to a relevant charity. Photobucket Photobucket The first, ‘Trunks for Trunks’ (swimming trunks for endangered Asian elephants) was inspired and motivated by the plight of the iconic animal. He saw a great opportunity to help the Elephant Family in a credible and savvy way, by creating his superbly designed collection of state of the art men's swim. Impressive! Photobucket And the best thing about this SS12 collection - it has a classic European cut like all my weekend shorts and loosely tailored for a stylish and comfortable fit. I should be wearing one this weekend at Tali but damnit, I might as well just keep my mouth shut. I need a tan!

No comments: