September 20, 2013

ON A PLAID NOTE

“Style is knowing who you are and what works for you” - Frank Muytjens

Spot on!  I have always been a big fan of Frank Muytjens, J. Crew’s menswear design genius. Like him, I like to keep things understated with a hint of heritage. I like old things like mi padre and mi abuelito’s old classics – the usual gingham, plaid and oxford.  
(Uniform dressing at the luxury carpet factory- Navy trousers, micro check shirt from Steven Alan and my trusty loafers. To get my look, see image below)

Mad for plaid? When was I never? Despite being a huge trend last year, the perfect pattern still matter. Like your favorite basic white dress shirt, the plaid shirt is an anchor for every man’s wardrobe, complimenting your trusty blazer may it be navy or khakisolid pullovers and yes, chinos on weekends; seriously, choose wisely – there’s too much of it right now.

A couple of my closet staples in plaid are from J. Crew, Club Monaco, Orvis, Ralph Lauren and Steven Alan. Oh, the joy of plaid paired with chinos, bare ankles, red socks, penny loafers, boat shoes and wingtips –  please stop me from drooling.

No comments: