March 17, 2011

KHAKIS, LINEN AND AN ODD EXPERIENCE OF LOOKING PALE IN THE TROPICS

I recently came across a photo of the late John Fitzgerald Kennedy on his yacht and realized it has been a year and a half since I last went sailing. Yup, one more month until summer officially starts on my side of the Pacific and me being dead pale is in need of a tan ASAP.

Photobucket

Burn those awful floral shirts hiding in your closet! Honestly, a lot tend to forget that you do not have to flair out with all sorts of overly designed pieces that scream SUMMER. A plain white linen buttoned shirt, shorts, khakis in twill and a nice pair of loafers will make you look a million bucks if you know how to wear them right. Trust me, it’s all in the execution.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Just like my friend Fonso, he came prepared! His breezy navy and khaki blazers are actually tailored for him in Italia topped off by his wild mane. Yes, I hate to always say, “leave it to the Italians…” but they can really make even a mustard suit look really gorgeous.

No comments: